Another Camera we are hoping will be at NAB 2015!!!
The Canon XC10 4K fixed-lens camera has been officially announced.
The XC10 has Canon Log and a similar XF-AVC codec with MXF wrapper found in the new Canon C300 Mark II and the company is calling it a companion to the Cinema EOS cameras. It is one of only three Canon cameras with internal 4K (the others being the 1D C and, of course, the just-announced C300 Mark II).
Here are the specs:
- 13.36MP 1″ CMOS Sensor & DIGIC DV 5 Processor
- Video Mode: 8.29MP (3840 x 2160), Stills mode: 12MP (4000 x 3000)
- 10x Fixed Manual Zoom Lens with Image Stabilization: 8.9 – 89mm f/2.8 – f/5.6 (27.3-273mm 35mm equivalent)
- Autofocus (but not Dual Pixel like the other Canon models)
- XF-AVC H.264 Recording
- 3840 x 2160 up to 30fps
- 1080p to 60fps
- 720p up to 120fps
- 4K: 305 Mbps: 29.97p, 23.98p, 205 Mbps: 25p
- 1080 / 720p: 50 Mbps: 59.94p, 50p // 35 Mbps: 59.94i, 50i, 29.97p 25p
- 1/8 (3-step) ND Filter Built-in
- Movie/Photo: ISO 160 to 20,000, Canon Log/Wide DR: ISO 500 to 20,000
- 12 Stops of Dynamic Range
- CFast 2.0 for UHD/HD and SD Card Slot for HD Only, Photos, and Camera Settings
- 4K: CFast 2.0 card; Full HD/Photo: SD card (Class 10 recommended for 50Mbps)
- 3″ 1,030,000 Dot Touchscreen LCD, No EVF, but you can attach a loupe to the adjustable LCD
- HDMI with 4K Output (This looks to be 10-bit 4:2:2 and can record to the Atomos Shogun)
- Headphone jack, Built-in stereo microphone, 3.5mm stereo mini jack external microphone
- Built-in WiFi
- Takes LP-E6 Batteries
- Audio: Linear PCM (2ch, 16 bit, 48 kHz)
- Weight: Around 2lbs.
- Availability: June 2015
- Price: $2,500